Acronis True Image 2017 New Generation up to 10x Faster Than Competitors and Is Proven as Ransomware Fighter
Independent AV-TEST Institute report validates Acronis leadership in speed, protection, usability, and features.
Acronis, a global leader in hybrid cloud data protection and storage today announced the latest report from AV-TEST, The Independent IT-Security Institute, has validated Acronis True Image as the most complete data protection solution, specifically noting its capability to protect data against ransomware with Acronis Active Protection™.
“Acronis is the only product capable of detecting and stopping ransomware, delivering close-to-perfect results,” the Data Protection and Backup Software Test report stated.
AV-TEST conducted a series of tests comparing Acronis True Image 2017 New Generation Premium, Carbonite Personal PLUS, CrashPlan for Home, and iDrive in four different categories: usability, performance, functionality and threat protection.
The results of these tests were eye-opening, clearly setting Acronis True Image apart from the competition:
- Threat Protection score: 90 percent: Acronis True Image is the only consumer backup solution with an active protection against ransomware. It stopped all five real-world ransomware attacks attempted during the tests.
- Performance score: 92 percent. Acronis outperformed the competition in all tested performance scenarios, including backup and restore time for full and incremental backups. On average Acronis True Image was twice as fast and in some cases 10 times faster than the competitors.
- Usability score: 78 percent. Acronis True Image achieved the highest score because of its clean interface and easy set up.
- Functionality score: 85 percent. Acronis shared the first place with iDrive, both having 33 out of possible 39 features required in this category. The report specifically noted the Try&Decide, System Cleanup and Mobile Device Backup features and the ability to choose one of nine countries in which to store data when the backup destination was the cloud.
“Acronis provided excellent performance, is easy to use and has a rich feature set. On top of that it is the only solution in the test to provide dedicated protection from ransomware attacks. This earned Acronis the first ever APPROVED BACKUP & DATA SECURITY certificate of AV-TEST,” said David Walkiewicz, Director Test Research.
Acronis Active Protection
Malware attacks and defenses against them are continually evolving. When the use of backup was proven to be a reliable defense against ransomware, cyber criminals began developing ransomware variants that find and attack backup files, too. To answer this new threat, Acronis enhanced its backup solutions with innovative new anti-ransomware technology. Introduced in January 2017 in Acronis True Image 2017 New Generation consumer backup, Acronis Active Protection™ actively defends both user files and their backups by identifying and blocking ransomware attacks in real-time. Earlier this year, Acronis True Image 2017 New Generation also received the Gold Self-Protection Award after another independent test by Anti-Malware Testing Lab recognized the software’s capacity to protect itself and user backups from ransomware.
“Backup remains the most effective protection against data loss, however backup alone is no longer enough. Ransomware criminals are now targeting backups and the software that creates them. Acronis predicted this and hired security experts to create a solution to proactively protect our customers, releasing Acronis Active Protection just in time to protect customers from this damaging cyber pandemic,” said John Zanni, CMO at Acronis.
For more information, please visit
- Data Protection and Backup Software Test Report
- Report Presentation – SlideShare
- Acronis True Image 2017 New Generation
- Acronis Active Protection™
Acronis sets the standard for hybrid cloud data protection through its backup, disaster recovery, and secure file sync and share solutions. Powered by the Acronis AnyData Engine and set apart by its image technology, Acronis delivers easy, complete and affordable data protection of all files, applications and operating systems across any environment—virtual, physical, cloud and mobile. Founded in 2003, Acronis protects the data of over 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 145 countries. With more than 100 patents, Acronis products have been named best product of the year, and cover a range of features, including migration, cloning and replication. Today, Acronis solutions are available worldwide through a global network of service providers, distributors and cloud resellers