Stata 16 Released
by Adan Mahmood
We just announced the release of Stata 16. It is now available.
Stata 16 is a big release, which our releases usually are. This one is broader than usual. It ranges from lasso to Python and from multiple datasets in memory to multiple chains in Bayesian analysis.
The highlights are listed below. If you click on a highlight, we will spirit you away to our website, where we will describe the feature in a dry but information-dense way. Or you can scroll down and read my comments, which I hope are more entertaining even if they are less informative.
The big features of Stata 16 are
- Lasso, both for prediction and for inference
- Reproducible and automatically updating reports
- New meta-analysis suite
- Revamped and expanded choice modeling (margins works everywhere)
- Integration of Python with Stata
- Bayesian predictions, multiple chains, and more
- Extended regression models (ERMs) for panel data
- Importing of SAS and SPSS datasets
- Flexible nonparametric series regression
- Multiple datasets in memory, meaning frames
- Sample-size analysis for confidence intervals
- Nonlinear DSGE models
- Multiple-group IRT
- Panel-data Heckman-selection models
- NLMEs with lags: multiple-dose pharmacokinetic models and more
- Heteroskedastic ordered probit
- Graph sizes in inches, centimeters, and printer points
- Numerical integration in Mata
- Linear programming in Mata
- Do-file Editor: Autocompletion, syntax highlighting, and more
- Stata for Mac: Dark Mode and tabbed windows
- Set matsize obviated
Number 22 is not a link because it’s not a highlight. I added it because I suspect it will affect the most Stata users. It may not be enough to make you buy the release, but it will half tempt you. Buy the update, and you will never again have to type
And if you do type it, you will be ignored. Stata just works, and it uses less memory.
Oh, and in Stata/MP, Stata matrices can now be up to 65,534 x 65,534, meaning you can fit models with over 65,000 right-hand-side variables. Meanwhile, Mata matrices remain limited only by memory.
Contact Us: WhatsApp / Cell : +8801714243446
Query Email: Sales@ngenitltd.com
Visit our website: www.ngenitltd.com